Jason H. Wales
Jason Wales is an experienced litigator with a broad range of trials involving business, construction, personal injury, condemnation, criminal defense and family law matters. With more than 25 years of proven results in state and federal court, Jason enjoys an unparalleled reputation for tenacity, insight and aggressive, successful representation.
Admitted to Practice
- Arkansas, 1997
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern & Western Divisions of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, BS & BA, Financial Management, 1994
- University of Arkansas, Little Rock, Juris Doctorate, With Honors, 1997
- University of Arkansas Little Rock Law Review
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Tyson v. ConAgra: Part of defense team in trade secrets case where jury returned a $20 million verdict for plaintiff in state court but the defense succeeded in getting the trial court to set aside the verdict and dismiss the case on post-trial motions, decision was affirmed by the Arkansas Supreme Court
- Daniels v. First Security Bank: Represented plaintiff in conversion case against a bank, obtained a $453,000 jury verdict at trial in state court (included $375,000 in punitive damages)
- Brantley v. Wilson: Represented defendants in contract dispute in federal court, obtained a defense verdict at conclusion of jury trial
- Carroll Electric v. Warren: Represented electric utility in condemnation case is state court, obtained a jury verdict establishing just compensation in the exact amount suggested by utility company
- SWEPCO v. Ezell: Represented landowners in condemnation case in state court, obtained a jury verdict establishing just compensation in the amount requested by the landowners
- Jewell v. Darden: Represented plaintiff in wrongful death claim, obtained a $853,000 jury verdict at trial in state court
- Monsanto v. Kyle: Part of defense team in patent infringement case where the case settled for an insignificant amount on the second day of trial
- Kapach v. Carroll: Represented defendant in a $3.1 million breach of contract case over the purchase of 1,100 acres in Boone County, Arkansas, obtained a defense verdict at trial that the Arkansas Court of Appeals affirmed on appeal
- Carroll Electric v. Perry: Represented electric utility in condemnation case is state court, obtained a jury verdict establishing just compensation in the exact amount suggested by utility company of $178,200, landowner and his expert requested $956,000
- SK Media v. Crain Media: Prevailed at trial in state court by convincing judge to appoint a receiver to take control over and liquidate a radio station due to the two 50% owners being deadlocked in the management of the company.
- Armstrongs vs. Hatcher: Represented members of POA in a shareholder derivative action against former Directors, obtained a $3 million settlement with the D&O liability insurer
- Obtained $425,000 settlement of medical malpractice case.
- Obtained $1,000,000 settlement of wrongful death case.